Temperature Measurement Products
E²T Quasar 2
Continuous Duty Flare Monitoring and Detection Instruments
Advanced Energy's E2T Quasar 2 instruments provide continuous monitoring and detection of pilot flame and flared gases from flares.
- Flame detection up to 400 m
- Detection of hydrocarbon and hydrogen flames
- Pilot and flaring signal level mA output
- Modular optoelectronic package for easy access and service
- Technical Specs
- Service & Support
The E2T Quasar 2 is available in two models, the Quasar 2 M8100-EXP and Quasar 2 M8100-EXP Advanced. The base system provides basic flare pilot monitoring capabilities and the advanced system includes an intensity mA output. The advanced unit's setpoint feature can also be used for staged flares.
Target alignment is accomplished via the targeting port and signal intensity LED bar displays amplitude in combination with a stable heavy-duty, swivel M-4 mount. Custom electronics adapt to target movement, varying luminosity, and most climate conditions.
- Install a reliable and accurate flare pilot monitoring system without service interruption
- Use the high-resolution optical system and various spot sizes to position the system up to 1/4 mile (400 m) away from the monitored flare stack
- Adjust the alarm delay circuit to eliminate false alarms from temporary loss of signal due to intermittent flames, adverse weather, and wind
- Monitor pilot flame detection and flaring status signals with the intensity mA output (Advanced version only)
- Configurable product to meet a wide range of client flare types and monitoring requirements
- Five optics options with targeting port for alignment (available in 37.5:1, 60:1, 75:1, 150:1, and 300:1)
- Status lights: green (flame) and red (no flame)
- Housing is stainless steel (316 L), 114 mm tube diameter, IP 66
- Additional features are available to meet a wide range of flare types, monitoring requirements, and budgets
Select specifications are shown below. Please see product data sheet for additional specifications.
400 m (1320')
Infrared monitor sensitive to all flame including hydrogen
Field of View
Available in 37.5:1, 60:1, 75:1, 150:1, and 300:1
Targeting port for target alignment
Automatic climate compensation and manual gain for easy system setup
Safety Integrity Level (SIL)
Green (Flame) and red (No Flame)
Quasar 2: 4 or 20 mA switched output (4 mA = flame and 20 mA = no flame)
Quasar 2 Advanced: Additional 4 to 20 mA
Mechanical relay (Quasar 2 Advanced only)
Alarm Output Delay
2 s to 2 min (Std)
20 LEDs bar
NEMA 4X IP 66
IECEx Ex db IIB T4
ATEX II 2 G Ex db IIB T4
Canada and US certified explosion-proof housing
-40 to 60°C with no cooling
12 x 33 x 12 cm (4.7 x 12.8 x 4.7 in)
12 kg (26.5 lb)
M-4 heavy duty 360° swivel mount
Stainless steel (316 L), tube dia. 114 mm, IP 66
5 Watts, 24 VDC and 115 VAC / 230 VAC
- Elevated flares - e.g. steam assisted, air assisted, and gas assisted
- Ground flares - e.g. burn pit flares and ground flare arrays
- Off-shore flares
- Staged flares
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Not all options and accessories are available for all models and configurations. Dimensions listed generally refer to standard configurations and module bodies only. Please confirm technical specifications and customizations with a sales representative. Advanced Energy is not responsible for errors or omissions.
Global Support & Services
Maximize fab productivity and capital equipment ROI with world-class support through each product lifecycle stage — from startup to long-term operation. Our service offerings are based on more than three decades of precision power and applications expertise.
Applications Support & Consulting
Accelerate tool installations and process development programs, or address specific applications concerns with Advanced Energy's dedicated applications consultants and engineering staff. Benefit from on-site reviews, analyses, and consultations.
Decrease variability in maintenance costs and provide additional cost protection. Advanced Energy offers whole-box extended warranties.